Sunday 17 December, 2006

Heave ho


I love Mocha, the coffee shop in Hyderabad and in Mumbai - but they should post a warning saying that cranes aren't available inside.
Those of you who've been there know that the floor seating is really comfortable with all the padded walls and plump cushions - but have you tried getting up after you've got a couple of chicken slovaki wraps and choco lattes in you? Mannn!! To top it off I was wearing a skirt and heels.
I spent the last half an hour that I was there worrying about how I would make a graceful exit. I was glad when most of the people around me left; but just when it was time for me to leave, in came a couple of guys who just had to sit at the next table. I came up with the best plan under the circumstances.
I swept my legs round to my side, knelt on the floor, and rose up off my haunches with some support from the coffee table. Luckily my skirt didn't get caught in my heel (like has happened before), and I managed to balance myself perfectly while rising (unlike what has happened before). I used to be known for my random rear-ending. Me hopes those days are behind me!
Suggestion to Mocha: Since the decor includes many brilliantly (read garishly) coloured things hanging from the ceiling, it wouldn't be too difficult to disguise a thick metal crane. Could just be painted gold or something. What would be better is if it were mechanised!

No comments: