Wednesday 6 December, 2006

diagnosis # 13

every so often i am surprised at something new i find out about myself.
i learned in the past few days that i dislike change.
this from me! me who moved cities twice in the past two years; moved residence twice in the past one year; drawn into my life people who are as different from me as shatrughan sinha is from steven seagal -
i get used to something and i want to leave cos it scares me to depend on familiarity. so i move. and i hate it cos i know that it won't be long before i get used to that, and i have to move again.
what a strange, convoluted cycle! imagine moving cos you hate change.
i'm nuts.

4 comments:

Vinesh said...

you remind me of the ancient american philosopher Georges Walter Bushes who originally conceived the theory "war for peace"

seriously, your amazing zest for life and variety is what makes u seek stimuli all the time.

Serendipity said...

what are the odds that two people i know very well would come up with that exact same example to describe something i'm doing? check my scraps on orkut.

hmmm said...

The moment we start feeling safe and comfortable with a person/ place/situation we move/chage/eliminate because we would rather move away ourselves and feel "I moved away" than run the risk of the other person/situation leaving/changing and then us feeling rejected/deserted/let down/cheated.

Insecurity.

Serendipity said...

i wish i could disagree with u.
by running i let myself down. that's worse, isn't it?