Thursday 14 December, 2006

There's a ghost in my machine

Have any of you ever felt persecuted by a machine? You know what I mean - some people can never get a printer to work, or fax machine, or something...
I'm terrorised by the anything-to-do-with-air-travel system. I thought it was co-incidence when two flights I was scheduled to take got cancelled one after another; but then another airline stopped servicing an entire route the day after I wanted to fly that way; and most recently, the ground staff of a third airline said that I had some payments due on a ticket that I had bought online through a credit card.
So what is this? NOT a co-incidence.
I think there's an evil brain in the system. Everything runs smoothly till it senses my name somewhere. And it goes, wait a minute. there she is, that little hopeful. let's give her something to remember us by.
And it goes MUHUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
And all the independent whirring and clicking stops.
Every signal concentrates on me.
The troops gather.
Close in.
And without warning,
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT !!

We regret to announce flight XX XXX has been cancelled.....

4 comments:

Vinesh said...

Noticing pretty neat changes:
1. Sentence case, thank god, this is so much easier on the eye. Makes it a bigger pleasure to read your blog.
2. Your picture that will someday soon in the future adorn millions of back covers (copies of ur best sellers).

I've often toyed with the idea of publishing my blogposts in book format. If I get enough money to do that, I'll do one with yours too. I like your writing.

Vinesh said...

Did you notice that your picture in the blog appears as if you're looking to the right, and the slightly larger version (on your profile) shows you're looking straight.

wow, trick photography!

Serendipity said...

i'll switch back to sentence case just to bug u! :-D
btw if i look like i'm looking straight ahead, i might be cross-eyed - i was looking slightly to the right when this pic was taken.
or it's like milind soman's eyes used to follow me every inch of the highway as long as i was withing view of the hoarding. (what kind of sentence construction was that?)

Serendipity said...

what's the point of saying something smart if you can't say it right? i really should start previewing my comments!