Saturday 16 December, 2006

City on the rocks


I didn't realize how much I missed the Hyderabad landscape till I came back. I think it is by far the most beautiful city I have lived in in India, and I have lived in four.
I love the rocks, and the way many houses lie on the hilly slopes rather than cut into the incline; the way most roads have a lush, green plant-filled divider in the middle; the view you get from even the third floor of any building. I could look out onto these views for hours. It's good that I don't have a window where I sit in the office - I'd never get any work done.

It's sad that there is a dangerously high degree of quarrying going on. I fear that Hyderabad might soon be flat as any old boring place. But till then, I will enjoy finding and losing cell-phone signal when I'm travelling literally up and down Banjara Hills road # 1.

I've found one more thing that helps cure my blues.

No comments: