Tuesday 19 June, 2007

Sim-ply Tragic

Hunted high and low for the PC version of Sims 2 and it's not available anywhere in Hyderabad, Bangalore and Cal. Hell it isn't available in New York either - had a friend look up some stores for me.

What am I going to do? I can't play the version I have on the old computer at home cos the computer is so old that it freaks out if I perform more than 3 mouse clicks a minute. I can't install it on the laptop cos the original CD is cracked from explosive over-use and the one I can use to play is an expansion CD from which the game can't be installed.

To think of all those times I picked up the Sims 2 CD at the store and stroked it lovingly and put it back cos I thought i should indulge in more constructive pastimes! If I knew that there would come a stage where the blasted thing would be out of stock, I'd have bought 2!

Well too late for all that now. I am bereft forever. Nothing I say will convince you of the sincere and deep grief I feel at being unable to lose myself in a virtual world where I control everything.

1 comment:

Vinesh said...

Fear not - I will search far and wide, high and low, blow hot blow cold, and reunite you with your reality!