Saturday 16 June, 2007

Perception vs Truth

I feel frustrated when I cannot make another person see my point of view when I'm upset about something. And so irritated by the end of it cos not only am I upset with the "thing" in the first place, but now I can't get the other person to see why. And that's as irritating. Things that are so clear to me (in my head) just don't look the same to the other person. I can't explain cos my feelings are based on a series of hunches, deductions, gut-feel...GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Words fail me at the most important times and I am left fuming at the "thing" and at myself and at life in general.

Was reminded of the movie, Life of David Gayle, where Kevin Spacey says that there are no truths, only perceptions. How true this is. everyone's perception is their reality, which can't really be called a general truth can it? Is there any such thing as individual truth? Something being true for me but not for someone else. Something being real to me but not to someone else? My answer to these questions is Yes. Was also reminded of a spiritual teacher saying that only that which is permanent is true. @#$%^&* What the hell is permanent? Nothing physical for sure! Then? Then? THEN?

Sigh.

2 comments:

Vinesh said...

The ocean cannot be measured with a spoon

Serendipity said...

Is that an example of truth, then? Hmm. So the next time someone asks me why I'm upset I'll say, "The ocean cannot be measured with a spoon." You have been served!