Saturday 5 June, 2010

As Time Goes By


I've often felt like I spend a good percentage of my life waiting. For someone to call, someone to come, someone to leave, something to happen, something to change. Just waiting and waiting.

A few years ago, realizing that one truly needs to be the change one wants to see, I changed jobs, cities, expectations.

But I'm still waiting. Less, but still waiting. For a sign that I've finally hit upon the right approach to life, the right path at work, the right balance of self and others.

I think this is in some way a subversive fantasy. You know, the one in which the princess waits in her ivory tower to be rescued by the handsome prince on his white steed. (Yeah, right!)

It's time for a different fairy tale. Lara Croft.


3 comments:

Enduring the Babbles of Life said...

Stop writing my thoughts!! Let's try and find a pattern in it, when are the times that we don't wait? ;)

Anonymous said...

do you deja vu? I think deja vu is the universes way of telling us we are on the right path ;)

Serendipity said...

@Enduring..... - The only time I don't wait is when I'm done at work and I want to go home!

@TeeSquare - Sure I deja vu. For instance, this morning I woke up with the familiar sense of having so many chores for the day because I procrastinated the day before! And the cycle continues! :-p