Sunday 13 June, 2010

And the Larder Too

I want Nigella Lawson's kitchen.
It is enormous; equipped with the best, er, equipment; has a beautiful view of the garden; and best of all, it's white!
Can you imagine cooking Indian food in a white kitchen? Frying ilish maach, slow cooking mutton masala, marinating tandoori chicken..... ooh the spots from that one!
But I figure, I only cook Indian food 50% of the time, and if I had a kitchen as lovely as this one, I'd look after it.
If I had Nigella's kitchen, I could be a professional chef. I too would scoff at the calorie-conscious and slap bricks of butter into a basin-sized wok. Drop in slices of herb-coated potatos and serve them crispy alongside juicy spare ribs. Followed, of course, by something sinfully chocolicious.
I'd invite everyone to dinner and accept compliments with quiet pride.
Sigh.
I deserve that kitchen.

2 comments:

Enduring the Babbles of Life said...

mmm mouth watering - the crispy herbed alu...i have 'alur dosh' :(! anyhoo -let's wait for that too - the kitchen ;) btw without the kitchen too, you do take our compliments to your culinary skills with quiet pride :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.