Thursday 16 October, 2008

Blowing in the Wind

I like going back to Cal cos my folks are there, and some of my closest friends are there; but after a few days I'm dying to come back to Bangalore. This, however, is not the city I'm planning to settle down in. I'm petty certain I'll want to move out in a year or so. For the last couple of years, I've been telling people I want to live and work in Singapore, and that's something I might pursue, but again, am sure I won't stay there too long.

There's something I'm looking for - an answer to a question I'm not even sure of, but I find it sometimes in the air when I'm trying to cross a busy street, and am stuck on the divider for waiting for the traffic to thin so I can go all the way across. I realize that I'm a part of the world, doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing at that moment by crossing the street and getting to where I'm headed. Sadly that kind of clarity of purpose doesn't last long, and within minutes I'm wondering what I'm doing with my life.

Will I'll find the answer if I stand on the divider long enough? Or is that the only place from where my destination is in plain sight?

2 comments:

Vinesh said...

they say your life (apart from blood) rushes in front of your eyes when you've had an accident and are about to die.

so what you see vaguely could even be that.

think of only the road when you cross.

Unknown said...

remember my motto - "they shall stop for me" - with that in mind cross your road anytime, definitely eyes shut, and you shall reach your dreamland! hope you like the journey!