Thursday 18 September, 2008

18 Till I Die Trying

People who know me well are aware that I have a big thing about growing old. It's my worst nightmare and I will never ever ever age gracefully. I'll go cos I have to go, but I'll go kicking and screaming, and biting and punching.

But what really really gets me is how people I think look way older than me are either the same age as me, or - hold your breath - younger !! How can they be younger? How? They look like old hags! Or geezers! So then I go around terribly offended. It's bad enough that women like Sharon Stone are in their 50s and look 20 years younger, but I can at least console myself with the thought of the million ccs of Botox they've used so far. But these folks being my age - what the dutch chocolate is that all about? So what then? I look as old as them? I should be hanging out with them, but I am in denial about my age and insist on piling on to the young crowd? What? What? Argh!

This takes away all the malicious glee I felt when I went to my high school reunion and found that many of my batchmates were distinctly beginning to grey, while my hair was as dark as a raven's wing. (tee hee)

2 comments:

HARISH said...

BOTOX!! THEY ARE RUNNING OUT OF IT IN BANGALORE..! BUT THEN AGAIN ALL IT TAKES IS A BUN AND A STRING OF PEARLS TO LOOK 'AGEING GRACEFULLy!' :-)

Serendipity said...

Not me - I'm going to have pink hair and cowboy boots at age 60!