Saturday 30 August, 2008

Please repeat it again

I used to want to do voice overs for American cartoons, but now I think the Indian animation industry needs me more. Have you seen the animated films about Krishna or Hanuman, etc? Or more importantly, have you heard them? "Heeyer I am, mother. I waas eeating butt-ter behind the pautts."
I am appalled each time I hear the dubbing; and by not volunteering my services, I think I'm ignoring the horrific future of the nation's children who will grow up speaking like this.
But let's do a quick reality check. The last time I said "Take the left at the T-junction", the response was "Dedden left?" (dead-end left)
So let me accept that my efforts would be a mere drop in the mighty ocean. And after all, it's not how a person speaks, but what he/she says that is important. (HMPH!)

3 comments:

HARISH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HARISH said...

it goes another level too..see body language of the people standing..or mannerisms..its all just standard walt disney stuff just cloned with indian outfits..look at japanese anime for instance..we need to evolve our own animation style..its got to smell like dal chawal..

HARISH said...

long time no blog?