Tuesday 26 August, 2008

A Flying F@#$

This post is an excuse for me to let forth a stream of invective! What's the deal with these ridiculous airfares? Bangalore-Kolkata has always been the most expensive sector in the country, but in the last couple of years I have managed to get return tickets for about 7k. BUT NOW, WTF, the cheapest ticket costs more than 7 k one way! I scrounged many rupees together this month and booked my passage for the pujas, and thought I was done for the year. But then something came up and I had to look up Kolkata-Hyd-Kolkata fares. Cheapest fare 10.5 k! In the good old days of affordable air travel, the Rahul Dhawan has actually done this in under 2k. Hurts like hell. The only thing that could cause more pain would be to miss a non-refundable flight because of the traffic-jammed 40km distance that I now have to travel to get to the new improved Bengaluru International Airport!

2 comments:

HARISH said...

I loved the title. I guess maybe that's the origin of the word - had to do with the airlines. Even with the state of roads (in mumbai atleast) with the potholes we are airborne most of the time..again nobody gives a flying intercourse.

but airtravel continues to hurt..it takes 90 minutes and 850 bucks to take a cab from bangalore airport to town..!

Am frantically searching the net for crash courses(bad pun!) on telepathy and astral travel meanwhile!

Serendipity said...

It's definitely got to do with the airlines! I knew that the first time my flight got cancelled cos of "operational reasons" way back in the days of simply fly.
And be careful what you wish for - crash courses!!!!