Wednesday 2 July, 2008

A Glass Half Empty


It's official. Bournvita is addictive. I've been trying to give it up and let me tell you it's traumatic!

What I've drunk almost every night for the last two years is a delightfully comforting concoction of half a glass of cold slim milk (I'm as health conscious as the next person) and four heaped teaspoons of Bournvita. Well three in the milk, and one in the mouth for a more direct approach.

Some of the amazing benefits of my little night-time indulgence:


  • Peace

  • Fulfillment

  • Contentment

  • Utter joy

BUT NO MORE!


It's been three whole days - 72 hours - since I last partook of this heavenly potion. Each evening brings with it a heavy cloud of depression because I know at the end of it will not stand a shining glass of rich liquid beckoning me with its sweetness.


Alas. Good things don't last.



7 comments:

Vinesh said...

if you like that, you must try this nice drink then... it's called Bournvita..

dm said...

Why not have ONE spoon of bournvita in the milk, and substitute the other three spoons with whiskey?

Srinivas said...

You work for cadbury's?

Serendipity said...

Thanks very much, Vinesh, but I think dm's idea is better!

HARISH said...

I agree. Tho I prefer it raw and and just breathing in the aroma from a tin ful

Serendipity said...

hey, thanks for dropping by. The idea of burying my nose in the tin and taking a deep breath sounds heavenly, but how do I keep from snorting it?!

Unknown said...

i like the one spoon of bournvita to go straight to the mouth! you should add some more spoons for that! and then a few spoons of milk in too, and then shake it all about! boogie boogie boogie!!!.....