Monday 9 June, 2008

Nothing to do with Bliss

A few weeks back, Bobby and I went to Yercaud (pardon the ghastly spelling, but that's how it is) for the weekend. It's a hill station 220 odd kilometers away from Bangalore, and a rather decent drive. The last hour entails the manoeuvring or 20 hairpin bends (blwack), but the route is scenic enough for you to forgive the nauseating climb, especially if you're used to chaotic Indian metros. Now, don't get overexcited; the view isn't spectacular. I've seen better in Shillong, etc., but like I said, it's such a welcome change from the city.
But the view gets prettier as you climb, and the air is clean, it's green all around, and so peaceful. Didn't hurt that the hotel was lovely. All I could say again and again was "It's so beautiful."
We had a day and a half there - the half was spent looking out over rain lashing the mountains, but Oh so beautiful. I took 156 photographs, including the one here, ate a lot of great food, counted the different shades of green I could see in the trees on the slopes - basically relaxed like I haven't in a long time.
When I came back, I asked someone if they've been there. They said No, cos there's nothing to do. And I thought, That's true. Isn't it perfect?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes, thats perfect runz! nothing to do! how i want that, so often! sounds like the ideal thing to do to get away from the city-horns to the rains beating against the mountains....what about sharing those 156 pictures (ok,ok not all of them now i say, at least a few of them!!)