Monday 16 June, 2008

Candid Camela

My 4-year-old nephew is amazingly sharp with a camera. He uses his mom's camera phone to take the most unlikely pictures - such as her eye, or someone in motion - and often borrows my digicam to take "only five photos" several times over.
I like this picture he took of my dad for a number of reasons:
My dad doesn't let anyone else take his picture.
This one's natural, not posed for.
The composition is arresting.
The other day my sister told him that he has too many toy cars (probably 700 of them) so he should switch to collecting something different. He promptly said "Camelas".

4 comments:

dm said...

So maybe the child can shoot a few portfolio pics of mine? If that doesn't put him off the idea of collecting camelas, nothing will, heh.

Serendipity said...

I think he could be persuaded. Let's experiment.

Vinesh said...

it's a nice picture. the fact that the child took it makes it more endearing.

Unknown said...

hahahaha...i want camelas too i say!!!