Saturday 6 January, 2007

A Series of Unfortunate Events, or There's a Ghost in My Machine Part II

It's just so true that nothing will ever convince me otherwise - the ghost in the air-travel system loves to jimmy up my life! My flight from Hyd to Blr was three hours late cos the plane was late taking off from foggy Delhi. Why the flight I want to take between two practically neighbouring cities at one end of the country must be impacted by the weather in a city at the other end is just beyond me! The only logical explanation is - yes, you said it - the ghost in the machine!
Nevertheless, there were quite a few weird and noteworthy things that I happened to observe while I was idling away in the departure lounge:

1. A guy sat reading a Lonely Planet book on Malaysia with it laid out on his knees and him hunched over, his nose about a foot from the page.
2. A guy sitting across from me calling a a number on his cell saying that he's received a missed call on it, and who's speaking please, till he notices his friend gesticulating wildly to him from the other end of the hall signalling that it was he who had called.
3. The same two guys jumping up at the security check announcement and rushing to the boarding gate!
4. Air Deccan, Hyd, announcing that its flight to Hyderabad was ready for departure, and two minutes later amending Hyderabad to Ahmedabad.

I must carry a book in my purse the next time I travel no matter how stuffed it already is!

2 comments:

Vinesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vinesh said...

Try an alias next time.