Tuesday 10 November, 2009

House of Horrors

So it's become quite cold in Bangalore these days (will I have to issue a public apology for not saying Bengaluru?) and the wind is turning my house into the perfect set for a B-grade horror flick. For some architectural flaw, the sliding windows in my room don't close perfectly shut, and the mm-thin gaps that remain form the perfect whistle. Remember all those really bad movies in which the wind shrieks? That's exactly what happens all evening and all night. OOOOoooooOOOO
I mean WTF! Not only that, the loo door keeps banging and waking me up. The window in the loo has louvres that are too tight to shut, and the door has lost its knob so it doesn't anchor shut. So every time the wind picks up, I have to be startled awake. I've been jamming it shut with paper, but I guess the best thing would be to replace the knob - what say?
But coming back to the scary movie thing - the howling wind, the banging doors, the unfathomable noises from the upstairs neighbours at 3 am - it's all the ingredients of the flick that forces you into fright!
All that's left is for the power to go off and the white-masked creature from the Scream to appear. (Like I'm Neve Campbell!) Tonight I will wear 3 sweaters, use two quilts, jam the loo door with a doormat, and keep the window wide open. Damned if I'm kept awake again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad Benglore-oo doesnt have a Bal Thakeray?

Sojourner said...

Here I was thinking I am the only one suffering architectural flaws thanks to the opportunistic apartment owners. I tried paper etc. Sometimes I think that the house is inside out. Might as well stop paying the rent and go out to the street :) At least I can use the money to get a decent sleeping bag or pay for treating pneumonia :D

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Simplicity of Life!!!!!! said...

hummm...seems dreamy eyes had a tought night....but the way to have written is picture perfect...wild imagination ;)