Monday 12 May, 2008

Not a Slumber Party

It's been 9 months since I've had something to blog about. To be honest, I'm not sure I have anything to blog about right now either. It's just that I'm awake and I have the time.

I just read an email from my friend in Japan, and was thinking how wonderful it is that people seize opportunities that come their way, take risks and go DO the stuff they want to do, even if it means getting out of their comfort zone. There is so much to be gained from seeing new places, meeting new people, and living a life completely different from the one you are used to. She described a party she'd been to where there was much joke-telling, but all in Japanese, so she missed all of it, but I can bet my last buck she didn't regret going to the party.

I think it's time I went to a party where I don't understand a word of what's being said.

5 comments:

Vinesh said...

buy a nice, clean slate and get started soon..

welcome back to the blogworld, and be regular now (said mr. irregular blogger) - i miss your writing..

Akshay said...

I agree on the part about "comfort zone"....Sometimes its really important to make that choice...

Serendipity said...

Vinesh, nice to be back here and read your comments - more often than not it's just you !! :-D

Thanks for dropping by, Akshay.

dm said...

Uh, do you NOT attend our work meetings? Every one of them is like a party where I don't understand a word.

Serendipity said...

Lost in translation, 最愛の人